Skip to main content

Tonsillectomy: Humbled and Greatful

Recently I had a tonsillectomy,  and I must say it has been anything but easy. And even with all the expected and unexpected trials, I have once again been humbled by the love my Father in Heaven has for me and my family.

From the moment I decided to get my tonsils taken out, it just seemed like everything fell right into place. The date for the surgery was on a Friday my husband and in-laws wouldn't be working, my dad and step mom came back from vacation that weekend and took the kids while my hubby worked, my mom and stepdad came by with flan, which I'd been craving, a neighbor babysat so I could rest...honestly, the blessings have been endless.

I've been in awful pain, which has been difficult not only on me, but my husband as well. He's had to balance taking care of the kids, the house, his new job, all while still making sure all my meds have been taken on time, giving me priesthood blessings, etc. He's been a great nurse and friend, I couldn't ask for more.

Most nights since the surgery I've been in so much pain that I'd find myself on my knees due to the pain, so the thought came to me to pray for relief from pain.  The funny thing is, I'd end up praying in gratitude,  for things I already have.  It's not something I meant to do, but this experience has brought me many moments of unexpected relief. 

The thought of Christ's suffering has also brought me great relief and hope, in the sense that He suffered and Atoned for my sins, so that I can have an opportunity to stand before my Heavenly Father. I knew from the beginning that recovery from a tonsillectomy would be rough,  I knew I wouldn't die. But Christ knew that He'd be killed and was still willing to go through with the Father's plan in order to be example to us, to me, that we can rise again.

Although I hope to never experience any pain like this again, I know even if I did that I could endure through it. Some trials are meant to be endured,  and hopefully during or even after we can see what purpose it fulfills and what we can learn.  I cannot say I'm greatful for this pain,  but I can confidently say the Lord has humbled me once again,  and reminded me that His love is abundant and timely. 💕

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luna's Birth Story

Luna is almost two, and although it seems "too late" to be writing her birth story, I figured it couldn't hurt. Hopefully she'll appreciate it when she's older and I'll be able to reflect on that experience before our new baby is born! Luna was due November 21st, 2014. The first time I started having contractions of any kind was on November 8th, while I was out with my husband at the Marine Corps Ball. It was funny because he was hoping she'd be born on Nov. 10th (on the Marine Corps birthday), but Luna had different plans. After that first day of contractions, they didn't come back until Thursday the 13th at around 10am. They started coming every 15-20min, nothing painful, just felt like very light cramps. It wasn't until Friday night around 8 when we were supposed to go rock climbing that my husband and I decided maybe we shouldn't.. That night I ate a big dinner (becuase I was told once I got to the hospital I wouldn't be able to

Why I Chose to Start a Blog

For a long time I've thought about writing a blog. For many different reasons, but the main one being I wanted to leave some sort of record for my kids. Although I keep a diary and I've kept other records, I feel as if this one may not only benefit my kids but others who may be struggling and are interested in what I have to say. My intentions for this blog is to use it to express my opinions about life, my beliefs, relationships, answer questions and share a variety of different interests that I have. I hope to share a little about my life in hopes that it may help someone out there in this big world (especially my kids). Some people may like and agree with what I have to say, but I certainly don't expect anyone to. It's a sad, mistaken and confused world we live in, and anyone has the freedom to believe in what they want.  I am big believer in "you find what you're looking for" so I strive to find the good in the world (although at times it seems

"I will walk with you"

During my husband's deployment it felt like everything was falling apart. Oddly enough, it felt as if things were falling in place too. As I prayed and asked God to guide me during the time my husband was gone, a simple phrase came into my mind.  "I will walk with you", I heard. I wrote it down on a piece of paper and taped it to my mirror so I could see it every day. "I will walk with you" has become a phrase that is close to my heart and I think of it often. When I get anxious, worried, and start isolating myself.  When my husband left on deployment, I was in the middle of nursing school and raising two little kids and found out we were expecting a third before he left. About a month after he left I got into a car accident while pregnant, but thankfully baby and I were okay. We were living with family at the time, but unexpectedly everyone moved out of state. I had my baby mid deployment and 2 days after birth he was admitted to the NICU for a rare heart condi